Saturday, September 12, 2015

Preemie Baby Hats Crochet Pattern Round Up

I Have Put Together A Collection Of 
Preemie Baby Hats.

Some I have made. 
The rest I want to make!

Just click the name of the pattern, 
it is the link.
It will take you to the free pattern.
The Designer of the Pattern
 is listed below the name.
Andee Graves

Kathy North

Calleigh's Clips and Crochet Creations

Toastyfrog.net 

AG Handmade

Shifio's Patterns

My Merry Messy life

Calligh's Clips and Crochet Creations

Red Heart Yarn Design Team

Cream of the Crop

Linda's Crafty Corner

Charmed By Ewe

Helen Heveran

Claire Bojczuk

Mamma That makes




Yesterday my Grand- Nephew, 
my Sister In Law's grandson, was born.
He is a preemie, Weighing in at 3 lbs. 8 oz.
He is a little fighter and I just know 
will healthy and grow strong.
Please, pray for him and
Follow him his progress here;
Harper's heart Warriors

Also, my "Coffee and Crochet Friends"
decided to make Preemie hats 
for our local Hospital.

I went in search of  some preemie hat patterns.
My first thought was, "I will design one".
But there are so many wonderful and 
adorable patterns, 
 it is not necessary.


Notes About Making Preemie Hats for Donating:

1. Best Hat Styles -
Beanie hats are best. Bonnets are cute but slip off and 
the ties can get in the way of tubing and such.
2. The best yarns - 
baby yarns, soft cotton, sport weight yarns
3. Buttons - 
I know some of these hat patterns do have buttons, 
but it is best NOT to add buttons. 
4. Appliques - these are great, they are best
 made of yarn and sewn on. Do not use any glues as they can be toxic.
The new parents love the little crochet flowers, bows, or any little detail.
Keep them small. 
5. Bows - These are great too, but again it is best if they are made
 of soft yarn and sewn on.
6. Ties, ear flaps or ribbon ties - These are fine, but they can get in the 
way of the tubes and things.
7. Always contact the hospital before donating to see what is needed, 
and what they prefer as all hospitals are different.

"Preterm birth is the most common cause 
of death among infants worldwide.
 About 15 million babies are preterm each year 
(5% to 18% of all deliveries)"

No comments: