Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bon Bon The Owl UP sized!!

As some of you know, we had a fun Challenge using
I just love these little yarns.
they are so fun and 
have lots of fun design possibilities.

Any way, Back to the Challenge.
The winner Was 
Heidi Yates of Snappy Tots
With her design,
Bon Bon The Owl
You can find her pattern in her 

I thought it would be fun to crochet one
up using a (4) worsted weight yarn.
As the Bon Bon yarns are 2 or 3 weight.
I used  a H hook, and a bright variegated yarn 
I already had, for the bottom and the feathers, 
I then used a teal for the top and the draw string.
The bag measures
 9 inches long and 14 inches around.
Just the perfect size bag for a lunch bag, 
small purse or just a fun treasure bag.

You could even slip some batting inside 
and have a really fun pillow.
I made mine have silly eyes!
That is why this pattern is so perfect.
It is easy to make with such great results and 
the technique for the feathers is unique.
So just because you don't have bon bon yarn, 
doesn't mean you cannot make this fun pattern.
So Go For it!

No comments: