Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Featured Designer - Elk Studio's Southern Comfort Hat

I Loved making this crochet hat pattern
and loved the cross over stitch.
I had never done that stitch before
 and it really gives it a cool look.

The Pattern is designed By
Kathy Lashley of  
ELK Studio 
Handcrafted Crochet Designs

Here is her Blog:
The pattern is well written 
and easy to follow.
I Love the Red and Beige Hat
 featured on her blog.

I used Vanna's Choice yarn.
Its soft and light.

I was going for a beachy look.
I think I nailed it!
I Love it!


The hat is a perfect fit and
 I already love wearing it.

This hat is designed for Chemo patients.
 This cause is dear to my heart 
as my mom passed away from Breast Cancer 
last July. She went through Chemo, 
and lost all her hair.

Sun hats are very important for 
Chemo patients
 as they are not used to the sun
 on their bald heads, and burn easily. 

But also, All it takes is a breeze
 to blow in and their head gets cold.

My mom would get cold sitting 
in an air conditioned 
room in the summer.


To find out more about
Just click the link.

They have many crochet hats to make, 
as well as videos of hats to make.
I made many of these for my mom.



No comments: